Monday, September 14

Mene Mene or just mean?

I found this signpost down by the canal in Leeds. After being originally dumbstruck, I researched it and discovered that it's part of an art project (Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin) by two Christian artists. The Biblical quotes are placed in various locations around Leeds including paving stones, park benches and billboards. Reportedly, the public have been taken aback by some of the chosen quotes such as 'Blessed are the breasts' and 'You are a rock'. I find the whole thing rather entertaining, especially when they're placed in the right place: 'The hairs on your head are numbered' - Outside Toni and Guy hairdresser's. Witty yes?

2 comments:

  1. I really like stumbling across things like this. There's some in Manchester, which are quite good.

    http://www.maths.manchester.ac.uk/~higham/photos/manchester/040228-1127-16.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, makes the shopping experience just that little bit more exciting.

    ReplyDelete