Monday, July 27

Shazam!

I can't begin to explain how frustrated I get when I'm out and about - in a club, or a café - and a song comes on that I love, but just can't quite put my finger on what it is.

That was until i discovered Shazam, a mobile phone based music identification service. When that annoyingly familiar song starts playing, just call 2580 (if you look on your keypad it's pretty easy to remember!), and hold your phone up to the music. Within a minute or so, the name of the song and artist is sent to your phone.

Yes it costs, but in my opinion it's a small price to pay to keep me from thinking about nothing else for the rest of the day.

Also, a small word of warning - Shazam doesn't work if you have a song stuck in your head, which you then 'sing' down the phone after dialling 2580. Believe me, I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment