Tuesday, July 28

Camouflage Art

Whilst reading the Metro last week, I stumbled across an article entitled 'The Invisible Man'. Chinese artist Liu Bolin uses his own body as a canvas, merging his body with whatever is behind him. At first glance, I barely even realised he was stood in the foreground of the photograph, and had to read the article in order to understand what it was about.

I was amazed when I first saw Bolin's art style, as it's really unique and I've never really seen anything quite the same. Out of interest I further researched Bolin's work and discovered that the artist was removed from his studio by the Chinese government, which he claims is the inspiration of his photographs. For me, this explanation, and Bolin's claims that he is 'Hiding in the City' makes the series of photographs even more engaging and inspirational.

I think the most effective photographs include those such as the earthquake rubble shown below. The attention to detail and colour amazes me - each photograph taking more than ten hours to complete. The location options are endless with this particular type of artwork - might this be the latest street entertainment craze?? I hope so...




No comments:

Post a Comment